Tuesday 18 March 2014

Controversial...



Pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot of hate mail for this, but guys, you know me by now. You should know what to expect. 


Selfies to raise awareness of cancer research...right. It seems to me that everyone in the world with Facebook and Twitter and access to the internet in general is aware of cancer. They know the pain and heartache it causes, the immense strength that people can show in order to fight this disease. Almost everyone has been affected by cancer in some way. Personally, it's one of my most loved family members. He has terminal cancer and faces it every day with a strength, determination and sense of humour that I admire deeply. 

But people also know about cancer research. They know that people all around the world are working together tirelessly to end the suffering cancer causes. And I really don't think that a selfie of me will make any difference in the world. It won't make anyone more aware of cancer, nor the research being done. So instead I want to share a photo of a man who has inspired me. A man who makes me laugh with his blog posts, who regularly boosts my self-esteem with his love and kindness, a man with family and friends who will never stop loving him or thinking of him no matter what the future brings. And what is more fitting to raise cancer research awareness than a photo which includes the beautiful wife he will leave behind? Watching the man you love get sick, and feeling helpless and unable to change the inevitable is a completely different type of torture, and her courage deserves recognition too. I may be wrong, but I feel this photo is worth a thousand selfies of my ugly mug. 




1 comment:

  1. O you ji9st hid tae do that didnt ye, show th wan wie me and ma paket aw fags yi jist hid tae

    hope yi lik ma gremmer an spilling thatl teech yi

    AND I LOVE YOU TOO and photos of YOU ARE ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete